Sunday, January 12, 2020

Snowmen felt ornaments for 2019.. Rainy day project for in front of the tv.

Country snowmen ornaments....Forgot to post this earlier so here it is.
Thought I would share my assembly process.  Loved being able to sit in front of the tv and find a craft that can occupy me as I watch a program.  I learned that I have family visiting for the first time in years this Christmas so I am getting a head start.  Its a rainy day so perfect project.  



Getting my noses and eyes ready and figured out to scale.  These noses are blanket stitched.  I considered not stitching them but really like the finished look.  Holding them is a challenge along with glueing these tiny eyes. Blush is added with a q tip.  I went out in the rain to cut some branches for arms.  A scrap of plaid fabric for scarves.  Trying to make them a little different - one has a twig wreath and another a greenery type wreath. One has a sprig of greenery tucked in the scarf. Maybe a bottlebrush tree is next or a jingle bell.  Buttons are also cute.  A mini snowflake may also be an adornment.  Rusty tin miniature embellishments a hat ... I keep coming up with new ideas.

I found a short cut to cut mittens and hats.  

No comments:

Post a Comment