Sunday, January 4, 2015

Christmas 2014...

  I like to spend my time off during the holidays being crafty. Even though my cards are gone in the mail for this year I still like to take advantage of the Christmasy feeling (lights, decorations, music) and lack of a deadline to inspire me. Being a crafter there is never enough time to make all the things I'd like to this time of year. So, I start on a few of next years projects before moving on. I also received some new crafty items as gifts this year from my husband and mom so I had to try them out.  Above is a quick card done in grey, silver, red and white.  The ivy scroll is done in white glittered cardstock.  Deck the Halls is cut on the silhouette and I placed it an angle. A Martha Stewart border punch created the red edge.

 The fence is stamped in black on white cardstock and cut out and glued to a card base.  The bird and word "joy" was cut on my silhouette machine and a Tim Holtz die cut the pine branch.  I added some black brads to the fence to make it look more realistic.  the last touch was some stickles dots to the top to make it look like it was snowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment