Sunday, September 14, 2014

Witch hat box

How fun was this...I can imagine so many different papers, colors and ways to decorate this. I used some clearance paper that had silver foil on lack for the panels on the top.  Then I added the black lace with rhinestones around the brim  (thinking I bought it on sale during my camping trip at a Hobby Lobby).  I added the black feather ad some gray metallic/glittery flowers and the spider crawling down.  I had bought a bag of the plastic spiders at the dollar store and covered him in glue and glitter - the glitter helped it stand out against the black paper plus it made him look awesome.

  This hat is actually a box and the top comes off so you can hide a treat, message or goodies inside.   I think the hat is about 6 1/2" tall x 7 3/4" wide.  I used my silhouette to cut the hat pieces out of cardstock.  I did add a piece of chipboard to the brim of mine to give it a little more weight and stability. Its glued between the layers.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Deb, this is awesome! I need to check your blog more often you have created so many great things!! :)

    ReplyDelete